I have always thought that granite countertops in your bathroom or kitchen was something that only rich people could afford. ¬†But Hawk and I just met a guy named Steve Moon who has been a fan of the show for many years and he gave us the inside scoop on granite and how it can actually be very affordable. ¬†You can check out his site at http://www.granitebystevemoon.com and see the incredible selection of granite that you can have installed by Steve in your home.
Here are some of the things that Steve has taught us:
1. ¬†Almost all granite is pretty much the same "quality." ¬†What you pay for is "rarity." ¬†Exotic granites with fossils inside or unusual colors and patterns are more expensive because there isn't as much of that type of granite out there. ¬†The good thing about this is that you can find BEAUTIFUL granite that is very inexpensive and the same quality as expensive granite for your home.
2. ¬†Some stores will advertise a very low price to get you in the door and then you find out that is for a very plain stone or that the price does not include everything. ¬†Steve Moon's prices include installation and everything involved. ¬†No surprises.
3. ¬†Not every granite installer is created equal. ¬†You start with a slab of rock. ¬†Your installer has to cut it to size and shape the edges and make it look right on your counters. ¬†Steve has over 10 years of experience here in the Upstate and he has high-end builders that use him to install granite in MILLION DOLLAR HOMES (we've seen his work in some of them!) and they trust him to do it right.
4. ¬†Many installers will leave you without a sink for a week or more. ¬†Steve Moon's installation professionals make sure you aren't without your sink while they do the work. ¬† You don't realize how important this is until you've talked with someone who went without their kitchen or bathroom sink for a week or more!
5. ¬†Character counts! ¬†Steve Moon isn't happy with the job until you are happy. ¬†He guarantees you will be happy or he will do what it takes to make you happy. ¬†With Steve Moon, it's personal!
Check it out for yourself - tax returns are starting to come in and this is a perfect project for you to improve your home, and everything about your kitchen with Granite by Steve Moon.