• What: Festival of the Stars
• When: Fri. June 27, 6 – 10 pm and Sat, June 28, 10am-10pm
• Where: Downtown Ninety-Six
• The SC Festival of Stars is an Independence Day celebration that is held annually on the last weekend in June. The festival begins with a Friday night "Concert in the Park" held at the Ninety Six Town Park, Saluda Street/Cross Ave, Ninety Six, just off Hwy 34. The four-hour concert is free to the public. Bring your lawn chairs, blankets and prepare to be entertained! Saturday morning begins with a Main Street Parade, filled with flags, ribbons and orf course..red, white and blue! Then is down to the Town Park where food vendors have delicious festival foods waiting. Who can resist the BBQ, sausage sandwiches, corn on the cob, even African cuisine on the menu. Cotton candy, ice cream and sweet tea are just a sample of what you will find. Crafters and craft vendors of all varieties are on hand along with Amusement Rides, Helicopter Rides, an Automotive contest, Motorcycle contest, Horseshoe and several other contests designed to try your skills (or luck). If your feeling brave, you may want to enter our Hot Wings Contest, or may stick to something more traditional like watermelon. Live entertainment on stage and music all day as various Bands play right up to the fireworks, which begin at 9:45 pm.
City of Greer Freedom Blast
• When: Sat, June 28, 6pm-10pm
• Where: Greer City Park
• Kick off the Independence Day celebration a few days early at the annual City of Greer Freedom Blast at Greer City Park. Music, food, and fun for all ages is in store at Freedom Blast, which will operate from 6pm. until the grand fireworks display at 10:15pm. Guests will have ample food and drink options, as vendors will line the Greer City Park promenade with a variety of treats for sale. Pepsi and Budweiser will also be on sale at beverage carts and guests are asked to be aware that beer sales will close at 10pm. There will also be a salute to the men and women of the U.S. Armed Forces.
Here is a list of the 4th/5th of July events in the Upstate and Western, North Carolina
• What: Red, White, and Boom!
• When: July 3 5:00pm – 11:00pm
• Where: Old Town Amphitheater, Rock Hill
• The Carolina Wind Orchestra and Image & GT Sound will perform as part of the 12th annual Red, White & BOOM! festival where the community comes together in Old Town to celebrate America with a live concert, kids activities, ice cream eating contest, food and beverage vendors, and fireworks at 10pm
Wells Fargo Red, White, and Blue
• When: July 4, 5pm-10:30pm
• Where: Downtown Greenville - Court St. to Camperdown St./Broad St. from Laurens St. to Falls St. including Falls Park.
• Along with live musical entertainment, the free event will also feature a variety of food and a children’s area from 5-10:30 p.m. at East Broad and Main streets.
• Entertainment: Pepsi Main Stage
• 5:30 p.m. – 6:45 p.m. – Most Wanted Bluegrass
• 6:45-8:15 pm – Matt Tucker Band
• 8:15 – 9:35 pm – Cody Webb
• D Stage at the Peace Center Amphitheatre
• 6:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. – 246th Army Band
• 8:00 p.m. – 9:30 p.m. – 246th Army Band
• Fireworks Display
• 9:30 p.m. - Bon Secours St. Francis Health System Fireworks
Earle Street July 4th Parade
• When: July 4 7:00 – 7:30 pm
• Where: Earle St from Robinson to North Main St./ 225 West Earle St, Greenville, SC
• Annual Parade down Earle Street
• Admission: Free
Easley Celebrate America
• When: July 4, 7pm-10pm and July 5, 7pm-10pm
• Where: Easley Downtown at Old Market Square
• One of the largest outdoor celebrations in the upstate area, featuring a host of musical entertainment, food, vendors, children’s area and a fireworks display at 9:45pm on July 4.
• What: Salute to America Block Party and Fireworks Show
• When: Friday, July 4, All Day Event
• Where: Holly Springs Fire and Rescue District- 3301 Hwy 357, Inman, SC 29349
• Com join us on the 4th of July for some wonderful festivities. This year will be the best yet. Live Music, Great Food, Local Vendors, Inflatables for Kids, Model Airplane Show, Little Miss & Mr. Holly Springs Pageant, Bake Sale and much more. Oh, and of course the Best fireworks show in Spartanburg County!!!
• BBQ will be sold from 11am until sold out for dinner.
• What: 55th annual Hillbilly Day
• When: Thursday July 4th from 9 am to 3 pm
• Where: The 55th annual Hillbilly Day will be held on Thursday, July 4th from 9am to 3pm at 120 Verner Mill Road in Mountain Rest, Oconee County, South Carolina. Observe the holiday during this annual family event featuring Blue Grass music, clogging contests, fiddle and banjo competition, BBQ, chicken food plates, greased pig chase, and greased pole climb. Free parking and admission. Please bring your own chairs for seating! For more information and directions please go to mountainrestcommunityclub.com.
• What: Newberry Fireworks Celebration
• When: Thursday, July 4th
• Where: Newberry High School located at 3113 Main Street, Newberry, SC
• This is a family friendly event features games for the kids and food for all ages. Childrens activities will start at 6:00 pm, a skydiving celebration at 8:00pm and the fireworks will begin at dusk. All activities are free and open to the general public..
• What: 4th of July Celebration
• When: July 4, 7:00 – 10:00 pm
• Where: 114 Main Street
• A celebration of America on its day of independence. Join us for a free event for the entire family.
• What: Seneca 4th of July Celebration
• When: July 4, gates open at 6pm
• Where: Gignilliat Park Community Center
• The 4th of July Celebration features bounce houses for the kids, with performances by Funk Factory and The Tams. A huge fireworks display rounds out the evening’s festivities.
• What: Independence Day Patriotic Pops
• When: July 4, 8 pm (gates open at 5:30)
• Where: Charter Amphitheatre, Heritage Park, Simpsonville
• This annual event is an all-American celebration at Charter Amphitheatre at Heritage Park in Simpsonville, SC featuring the Greenville Symphony Orchestra, an awe-inspiring fireworks display, children's activity center and fun for the entire family.
• The gates open at 5:30 p.m. and the GSO concert begins at 8:00 p.m
• VIP seating: $50 for adults, $30 for Children 12 and under, VIP seating also comes with admission the VIP tent, which includes food and beverage. General Admission is $25 per car
• Picnic baskets are permitted with food only. Drinks must be purchased at the concessions.
• Please note, all ticket prices increase on the day of the concert, so be sure to purchase your tickets before July 4!
• What: Red, White, and Boom
• When: July 4, 6pm-10pm (gates open at 5pm)
• Where: Barnet Park
• Enjoy music, food, and of course, a fabulous fireworks show. Patriotic music by the Spartanburg Community Band, the Spartanburg Jazz Ensemble, and the Craig Woolard Band. Fireworks show begins between 9:30 and 9:45.
•General Admission Tickets are $5 each and children 6 and under are admitted free.
• What: Fourth of July Family and Friends celebration
• When: July 4, 7:30pm Free ticketed event. Call 864-296-9533 for your ticket.
• Where: Unity Baptist Church in Starr SC off of Flat Rock Rd
• Free Hotdogs, drinks and door prizes.
• Live music and lots of fireworks! Everyone is welcome, bring a chair or blanket!
• What: Williamston Independence Day Celebration
• When: July 5, 4pm
• Where: Downtown Williamston
• Events planned include fire truck rides, music, and car show.
• McDonald’s will also co-sponsor a Classic Car Cruise-in car show with the Williamston Fire Department. There will be a cash drawings for cruise-in entries each hour. Fireworks will begin after dark.
• The Yesterday’s Ride Classic Car Museum next to Ace Hardware will also be open to the public all day.
• The tour of the car museum is free.
.Homeland Park Fire Department 4th of July Celebration
• When: July 5th – 11AM
• Where: 3299 South Main Street Ext., Anderson, SC
• Hotdog plates 11am until sold out
• Raffle Prizes/ Concessions/ Live Band
• Fireworks at 9:30pm
• Hotdog eating contest. $20 a plate for a prize of $300 for the winner
• Come out and meet the firefighters serving their area and have a good time
Cowpens Celebration of Freedom!
• When: Sat, July 5, 9:00am – 5:00pm
• Where: Cowpens National Battlefield
• This free event kicks off with a guided battlefield walk at 10:15, and local re-enactors will give weapons firing demonstrations every hour on the quarter hour from 10:30am – 2:30pm To set the mood for the evening activities, there will be special reading from the Declaration of Independence at 2:45. The Spartanburg Community Band will play patriotic music from 3:00pm – 4:30pm on the lawn behind the Visitor Center. The Chesnee branch of the Spartanburg County Library will sponsor children's activities at 1:30pm, and the park will sponsor them from 3:00pm -4:30pm. The Park closes at 5:00pm. (There will be No fireworks display)
Ingles 4th of July Celebration in Asheville
• When: July 4, 2pm
• Where: Downtown Asheville
• An event for the whole family, the Ingles Fourth of July Celebration festivities start at 4 PM in Park Square Park and close with fireworks at 9:30 PM. The day features live music, old-fashioned games, a variety of food from area vendors and a grand fireworks finale.
Brevard 4th of July Celebration/ 17th Annual Firecracker Run
• When: July 4, 8:00 AM (run start), festivities all day until fireworks
• Where: Downtown Brevard. Run start: 1 Brevard College Drive Brevard, NC
• Morning 5K/10K Firecracker Run. During the day, downtown streets are closed to an overflowing crowd. Transylvania Community Arts Council hosts its Annual Fine Arts & Craft Showcase. The Classic Automobile Show stretches for blocks and delights even the casual aficionado of 1920s to 1970s vintage vehicles. The Courthouse Gazebo is center stage for day-long musical entertainment. Fireworks at 9:30 PM
• When: Friday, July 4 – Saturday, July 5 – Sunday, July 6, 11am – 4pm
• Where: Chimney Rock at Chimney Rock State Park
• Stand under Old Glory atop Chimney Rock for the family photo op of the year! Meet some of Grady’s live woodland friends or possibly our birds of prey, a Red-tailed hawk and Great Horned Owl, and learn about their natural habitats. Program at 2pm. Try to outwit gravity with a free climb per person on our climbing tower open 11am–4pm. Later, don’t miss a 4th of July fireworks display in Lake Lure over the weekend.
• July 4 – 31st Annual Fabulous 4th Bike Tour
• Date Start: Friday, July 4, 2014 @ 7:30 AM
• Address Harmon Field, Tryon, NC 272 Harmon Field Rd. Tryon, NC
• Registration: Friday, July 4, 6:00 am Sign in, with 1:00am – 4:00 Pm Lunch Served to riders at Harmon Field